5 things to do to mitigate challenges in the transport industry
As important as a manufacturer and freight forwarder are in logistics, the transporter is the person who implements the entire process of transportation. Although the transporter comes in at a later stage in the hierarchy, he is a key component in the entire supply chain. In this case study, we will discuss why Shiperone Workflows is an essential tool for transporters.
Backlogs and delays are quite common challenges transporters face while operating cargo. The need to mitigate challenges in transport is high. For instance, a transporter who owns a logistics company provides transportation services for a variety of perishable goods that include seasonal fruits, vegetables, dairy products, meat, and seafood. He has a fleet of refrigerated trucks and trailers that are equipped with the latest technology. He manages refrigerated trucks that deliver goods to multiple locations.
In this scenario, the transporter is highly dependent on delivering fresh products on time, and any delay or damage to the goods can result in significant losses. And managing multiple trucks running here and there is quite a task.
This is how you mitigate challenges in transport
- Enhanced Visibility: With Shiperone Workflows, the transporter can track his shipment in real-time while also keeping himself updated on the drivers’ progress and cargo condition.
- Effective Communication: Communication is a major challenge for the transporter as he is primarily reliant on phone calls and emails, leading to miscommunication, delays, and missed opportunities. With the chat feature on the platform, the transporter can easily connect with drivers and his client to update them on the cargo movement.
- Predict uncertainty: With Shiperone Workflows, transporters can predict situations and overcome the unavoidable challenges raised due to heavy rain, snow, fog, hurricanes, and traffic congestion. The platform enables the transporter to take proactive steps when and where required.
- Accurate Inventory Management: The platform provides accurate inventory management, enabling the transporter to optimise his stock levels, reduce wastage, and avoid stockouts.
- Document Accessibility: The platform enables transporters to easily transfer and upload important documents in a systematic manner to avoid misplacement and provide easy access when needed.
With Shiperone Workflows, transporters could easily overcome a range of challenges while also mitigating the unavoidable ones through effective planning and approach. The platform assisted the transporters to smoothen their operations, automate processes, and achieve better visibility and inventory management, which ultimately enhanced the customer experience. The platform helps transporters increase efficiency, reduce costs, improve on-time delivery rates, and reduce inventory wastage and stockouts.
Competitive pricing for Freight Forwarders by reducing errors and delays
Managing multiple shipment orders
In today’s world, the term 'freight forwarder' is considered a ‘service provider'. From getting a transporter onboard to keeping track of every detail of each shipment, freight forwarders work with various vendors and clients at the same time.
We tell you how you, as a Freight Forwarder, can become more competitive on pricing by reducing errors and delays.
In a recent event, one of the freight forwarders received a shipment order from a manufacturer to deliver cargo from its point of origin to its destination. In this case, the freight forwarder had to connect with multiple stakeholders and get them on board. Likewise, he was dealing with another twenty clients who wanted to ship their cargo from one place to another.
Missing important dates despite tremendous efforts
The freight forwarder was trying to manage multiple shipment orders from twenty other clients, which involved a huge number of stakeholders and many cargo deliveries. Handling multiple stakeholders’ replies, updates, and follow-ups on different communication platforms is quite a task. And missing out on something or other is quite common.
In this scenario, the freight forwarder already knew the complexity of his work. Although he had put in tremendous efforts to streamline his processes, he somehow missed out on important dates. Also, due to delayed communication and improper planning, the freight forwarder faced backlogs and warehouse overflows. This ultimately made his clients furious, and as a result, he struggled to keep up with the fast-paced nature of the transportation industry and was losing business to competitors who were able to offer more efficient and streamlined logistics solutions.
All stakeholders under a single platform
In this case, the freight forwarder could speed up his logistics operations with Shiperone Workflows without having to integrate his system. One of the major issues that the platform solved was that it brought all the stakeholders under a single, unified platform. The freight forwarder gained an advantage wherein he could connect multiple stakeholders at a single point in time and update them on their cargo movement.
Shiperone Workflows came as a rescue for the freight forwarder, allowing him to offer streamlined logistics solutions to his clients. With the platform, the freight forwarder:
- kept track of his activities while assisting him to understand the scope of his businesses in the market;
- precisely knew the situation and location of the shipment in real-time;
- could manage all carrier relationships in one place;
- eliminated the need for multiple systems;
- reduced the risk of errors.
Data as steering mechanism
The data analytics allowed the freight forwarder to make data-driven decisions and identify areas for improvement in the operations while aiding him in analysing his entire logistics process. Moreover, the 24/7 support team provided all the training and support to ensure that the freight forwarder's employees were able to use the platform effectively and maximise its benefits.